Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 234755
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
The Data Scientist will be responsible for co-creating solutions together with our customers, collaborating with Siemens domain experts, designing advanced analytics and machine learning algorithms, delivering tangible customer value and mentoring of more junior staff.
This means that the Digital Services (DS) group will be able to both test, drive PoC’s, collect requirements and thus create market orienated applications that will drive the growth of DS.
The position reports to the Lead Data Scientist, Digital Rail Services, North America.
· Collaborates closely with our customers and engineering teams to develop innovative solutions for our digital services portfolio
· Analyzes data from rolling stock assets, infrastructure assets, and rail asset management systems
· Formulates data recording requirements and communicates these to our engineering teams
· Present results of data-analytics projects to our customers and management
· Codes prototypes of data-analytics solutions and integrates them into our productive platform
· Preparation of invention disclosures
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Object-oriented programming with Python
· Experience with modern big data technologies like Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, Hive, Presto
· Experiences with machine learning libraries (e.g. scikit-learn, Keras, TensorFlow, Apache Spark MLlib or similar)
· Practical experience with cloud solutions, e.g. AWS
· Profound knowledge of querying data with SQL
· Experiences with Docker are a benefit
· Experiences with professional software development are a benefit
· Highly motivated, good organizational skills, excellent communication skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Master’s degree or PhD in experimental physics, applied computer science, mechanical or electrical engineering, or similar studies
· Proven experience with applied data analytics and machine learning
· Strong understanding of physics processes and engineering of mechanical systems
· Strong understanding of interpretation of data statistics
· At least 1 year of relevant work experience