Big Data Engineer- Digital Services
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 234772
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
The Big Data Engineer will be responsible for co-creating solutions together with our customers, collaborating with Siemens domain experts, designing advanced analytics and machine learning algorithms, delivering tangible customer value and mentoring of more junior staff.
This means that the Digital Services (DS) group will be able to both test, drive proof of concept's, collect requirements and thus create market orienated applications that will drive the growth of DS.
The position reports to the Lead Data Scientist, Digital Rail Services, North America.
· Aggregates engineering knowledge about data from rolling stock assets, infrastructure assets, and rail asset management systems and is therefore a key enabler for our data scientists
· Ability to build human-fault-tolerant pipelines that continuously integrate data from our assets into our Railigent Platform
· Collaborates closely with data scientists, engineering teams, data architects, platform developers to develop data-integration solutions
· Develops data quality measures of recorded data
· Develops a software framework that monitors data quality, handles, and logs data-loading errors
· Develops a framework that assesses data quality and cleanse data
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in applied computer science, qualified IT specialist with several years of professional experience, or comparable qualification
· Experience with object-oriented programming
· At least 3 years of relevant work experience
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Demonstrably strong experience with programming languages like Python, Java, Scala. Practical experience with Amazon web services (AWS).
· Experience with modern big data technologies like Hadoop, MapReduce, Kafka, Hive, Presto, Spark, MQTT etc.
· Creativity and lateral thinking for feature generation in the data