Sr Operator - 1st Shift Exports
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 234799
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Plainfield
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Position Purpose :
The Sr. Operator position supports the distribution of Siemens Healthineers finished goods, including small parts, supplies, reagents, packaging and any other material for final delivery to the customer. As part of a team, supports warehouse shipping operations, including receiving, shipping, pick/pack, inspection, inventory control, exports, hazardous material management, and housekeeping which may occur in temperatures varying from 40° F to 65 ° F. The position is the back up to the departmental team leader, and acts as a trainer for the department. In addition to the regular tasks of a Sr. Operator, this role also serves as an interim Distribution Control Associate in the Exports department until the EWM project is complete or the business need is exhausted.
Major Contributing Activities :
1. Responsible for the control and processing of deliveries, shipments and transfer orders generated by orders from Order Services and Global Logistics Service Center for Puerto Rico, Mexico, Caribbean countries, and U.S. territories (Export Lite).
2. Function as the back-up support to the primary Exports Distribution Control Associate for the control and processing of deliveries, shipments and transfer orders generated by orders from the Global Logistics Service Center for international customers.
3. Provides excel data entry and administrative support associated with any of these processes and export processes as directed (i.e. COD investigation, departmental metric data updates, etc.).
4. Provides SAP data entry support (i.e. delivery changes, special texts and notes, etc.).
5. Handles inquiries from Customer Service, GLSC Representatives, or Materials Planners regarding order status, and works to resolve problems and/or communicate changes to delivery and inventory requirements in an effective and timely manner and to all affected parties.
6. Maintains daily shipment status communication with documentation to Order Services and freight forwarders regarding Export Lite shipments.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, Attributes and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- More than 2 years’ experience in distribution function
- Must have potential and desire to develop to next level of leadership (Team Lead)
- Basic Microsoft Excel
- Basic math skills
- Good verbal and written communication
- WMS knowledge
- Time management skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a valid forklift certification to drive sit-down forklift, electric pallet jack, stand-up counter balance, reach truck and order picker
- Must have completed function-specific Hazardous Materials training
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, Attributes and Experience
· Ability to work with little supervision
· Experience with DCA functions and responsibilities