Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 234807
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Norfolk
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/buildingtechnologies.html
Our contributions sometimes aren’t very apparent – but our innovations have made history. The Siemens Building Technologies Division is searching for a dynamic Graphics Design Assistant to support the Design Engineering group in our Norfolk, Virginia branch office.
Are you looking to join a team where you will make an impact directly to the bottom line of the business you work for? This is the opportunity for you. We will help you learn the business and product by having you work alongside our Engineering and Operations team. In this role, plan to be our point person to assist with all Graphics Designs for our Building Energy Management projects. If you are ready to bring your ingenuity to Siemens, then send us your resume today.
Do you enjoy working in an office environment where you have the autonomy to work independently with limited supervision? We will assign the responsibilities for the development of system control diagrams, building floor layouts and monitoring of graphics for Siemens Building Automation, Fire & Security Systems to you. You will be accountable for completing designs within the budgeted engineering labor, at a high customer satisfaction rate. We will provide you the standards set by the Siemens Area Graphic Designers across North America, which you will need to follow. You will report directly into the Building Automation Solutions Engineering Manager.
What else will you be involved in?
- Design visually appealing, unique, easy to use, and modern looking graphic solutions for building operators.
- Complete review and understanding of design support which includes logging & tracking projects and status.
- Support delivery of graphics to the construction or building jobsite to meet completion schedules.
- Ability to multi-task and work on more than one design project at a time.
- Maintain a personal utilization of >80%: Accurately record the proper use of graphic types, quantities, and network numbers when charging time to projects.
- Support / Achieve increased customers happiness: Identify quality control issues and notify project manager and engineering manager in a timely manner.
- Maintain consistent response time and follow up with each assigned project managers. Ensure accurate and timely graphic design completion of work.
- Record proper documentation for long term servicing of customers: Support systems to service turnovers on projects utilizing centralized graphics design process. Maintain a copy of the latest graphics as-built of completed jobs in the district server.
- Processes: Support project managers, account engineers, and field specialists in crafting graphics for their projects. Design background and dynamics when requested. Support efficiency initiatives – Graphics Standardization/Centralization.
What requirements will you need?
- Associate’s degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.
- Understanding of drawing applications such as: AutoCAD, ACAD, Photoshop, Paint, 3D Studio Max, Illustrator, or equivalent.
- Some travel required for training or annual meetings, not to exceed 15% of the time
- Legally authorized to work in the United States and not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment.
Previous experience or knowledge of energy management systems preferred.