Subproject Manager (m/f) Automation for Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics
If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics GmbH (SPPAL) headquartered in Constance, Germany, is a fully owned subsidiary of Siemens AG. SPPAL is a leading provider of innovative products and solutions in mail and parcel logistics and automation as well as in airport logistics with baggage and cargo handling. Software solutions and customer services along the whole product life cycle complete the portfolio. The company has an installed base in more than 60 countries worldwide. Major customers include renowned airports as well as postal and parcel service providers around the globe.
Join our team now in the Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics GmbH as Subproject Manager (m/f) Automation in Nürnberg.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- In this position, you are responsible for managing our projects’ electrical engineering team with the aim of implementing the electrical equipment and SPS software within the specified parameters (time, budget, engineering)
- You draw up the automation solutions bearing in mind the customer requirements and existing engineering standards
- You manage a (global) project team, usually made up of experts in electrical hardware engineering and electrical assembly, SPS software developers and commissioning engineers, and suppliers
- You ensure that SPS standard library modules are integrated into the engineering tool chain for partially automated use in the engineering process
- You use your expertise to coach colleagues from the various regions around the world in the use of standards and tools, electrical engineering and commissioning
- You use your expertise to assist the bid managers with calculations
Your qualifications – solid an appropriate
- You have successfully completed a course (normal period of study >4 years) in electrical engineering, data systems or similar; alternatively, you are a trained engineer (m/f) with many years’ professional experience
- Experience of SPS software development and commissioning for conveyor and logistics systems
- Many years’ professional experience as a project manager for automation engineering of logistical materials handling systems for global customer projects in the logistics sector
- You have excellent knowledge of the SIMATIC hardware product range (focus S7)
- You have a command of common bus systems such as Ethernet, Profinet, Profibus, AS-i bus
- You are a proficient German and English speaker
- You are globally mobile and ideally have some international experience already
- A methodical approach, team skills and initiative round out your profile
Getting in touch with us - straightforward and direct
www.siemens.com/logistics if you wish to find out more about Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics GmbH before applying.
+49 (7531) 86-2284 if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our human resources department. The contact person handling this job ad is Mr. Tobias Niethammer.
Siemens places great value on equal employment opportunities. We look forward to receiving applications
from handicapped people and thus support the initiative “job – Jobs ohne Barrieren”.
Requisition ID: 234811
Organization: Corporate Development
Career Level: Experienced Professional
Full time only