Supervisor, Manufacturing - Walpole Sensor Mfg
Business Unit: Human Resources
Requisition Number: 234827
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-East Walpole
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
This is a first line supervisor position and candidate will be a key member of Walpole sensor manufacturing team supervising Thick Film and Membrane operations
The successful candidate must be able to lead teams to consensus, drive action items, hold team members accountable, prioritize work based upon need and resources available, and communicate actions effectively across the Business Unit.
Position Reports To: Director Manufacturing / Siemens Healthineers
- Provide tactical supervision of a planar chip manufacturing line
- Achieve optimum productivity and quality of products including shipping performance to schedule
- Ensures staff compliance to all FDA, Federal, State and OSHA requirements
- Ensure staff compliance to all internal quality and operational processes
- Responsible for training, development and performance management of shift personnel
- Responsible for supervising 10-15 direct labor staff
- Responsible for providing daily instruction to staff, time/attendance tracking, issue resolution/escalation on manufacturing floor
- Participates and/or leads manufacturing projects linked to FDA readiness, project transfers into manufacturing from R&D and other projects as assigned
- Represents Manufacturing at a variety of functional meetings/events (Quality review boards, etc.)
- Apply production metrics to monitor and execute continuous improvement
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory role supporting complex electro-mechanical assembly or reagent manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of lean tools and practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience and familiarity with MRP systems including previous experience looking up status of work and material; experience with SAP preferred
- Previous experience working an matrix organization including partnering with other functions (i.e. Engineering, Quality, Logistics) in a manufacturing environment to achieve optimal results
- Ability to effectively communicate and escalate concerns and challenges as they arise
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Corporate regulatory policies
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.