Engineering Development Co-Op
Business Unit: Power and Gas
Requisition Number: 234830
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Assignment Category: Part-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-generation-services.htm
Siemens Energy, Inc Fluid Systems Services provides power generation provides customers with comprehensive and cost effective oil system and piping services. Our work in the power generation industry for over 35 years has enabled us to provide major improvements in the lube oil, seal oil and piping technologies. Siemens’ dedicated team of engineers and technicians utilize this experience to effectively analyze and provide tailored solutions for fluid systems.
· Co-op will report to the manager of Fluid Systems Services and will work directly with field engineers
· Primary role will be the support of projected future and ongoing field projects
Co-Op Students will have the opportunity to:
- Perform research and compilation of best practices for use in work
- Assist or lead development of new tooling for use in machining or welding field applications,
- Organize testing and trials of new tooling
- Participate in tooling reviews,
- Develop technical documentation of processes and tooling.
- Develop technical documentation for carrying out specific project
- Develop work schedules
- Develop piping system diagrams
- Track ongoing field projects
• Candidate must be enrolled as an engineering student in a four year undergraduate engineering university program as a sophomore or junior.
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Demonstrates and applies broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for mechanical work.
• Proficiency with MS-Office Products
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Detail oriented with strong time management skills
• Strong Technical/Analytical Capability
• Ability to work efficiently with the team under tight deadlines, with positive can do attitude, and adapt quickly to changes with an assertive and positive attitude.
Knowledge and Experience:
• CAD Drawing software experience and or knowledge
• Work scheduling concepts and knowledge
• Knowledge of machining principles
• Knowledge of metal materials