Account Executive -Utility Energy Services Contracts -West Coast USA.
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 234837
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Bellevue
Assignment Category: Part-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Are you passionate about solving some of the world's most pressing challenges and making buildings smarter, more efficient, and more productive? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships?
This is the career for you!
SIEMENS Building Technologies is seeking a confident and self-motivated technical sales professional to grow our Utility Energy Services Contract (UESC) business on the West Coast in vertical markets such as Utilities and Federal Clients. Using your technical and financial expertise, along with your critical thinking and influencing skills, you will help tailor our customer’s needs into winning solutions, whether it’s in the new construction market or direct end-user service market.
Location is flexible throughout the West Coast.
- No cap commission structure will allow you to grow your accounts as much as you want…the sky’s the limit!
- Leverage of the Siemens Building Technologies Service & Product portfolios in expanding your customer base
- Excellent Benefits package including, medical/dental/vision/life, matching dollar-for-dollar 401K up to 6%, generous Paid Time Off, and company vehicle with gas card, all of which start from Day One of employment
- Quick ramp-up time with Siemens new Ready To Sell Development Program: A structured sales development program that provides new sales hires with a one-year plan for learning about the products, processes, and people that will help them achieve their performance targets in the least amount of time.
Siemens is looking for a highly motivated professional to join our team as Account Executive, Utility Energy Services Contract (UESC). This Account Executive will develop and execute an overall strategy to grow Siemens’ business with Utilities using the UESC, and other IDIQ contract vehicles with the objective of increasing long term value for Siemens.
The primary purpose of the UESC Federal Account Executive position is to generate new UESC business in the West Coast area (including Hawaii and Alaska) by utilizing a consultative sales approach to develop leads and relationships with potential utility and federal clients leading to new revenue business with appropriate gross margins. Account Executives must discover and understand utility and federal customers’ needs and concerns and, working closely with the operations team, translate those into feasible, installable solutions. Account Executives communicate directly with both Siemens’ and the prospective customers’ leadership, engineers, project managers, contract specialists and other technical representatives. In addition, Account Executives will be involved in development of financial solutions for the customer and engaging market segment customer leadership to understand strategic opportunities as input to the Federal Business Unit long term plans and targets.
- Prospect for new utility and federal business, including presenting white papers and business briefings; participating in federal energy working groups and professional organizations; working trade shows, researching via publications and the Web; making cold calls and more.
- Develop strong familiarity with and ability to develop UESC, ESPC, and ESA/PPA contracting.
- Develop thorough knowledge of federal energy requirements; energy and renewable energy goals and strategy; structure, opportunities, trends, and issues.
- Utilize a consultative sales approach to cultivate effective business relationships, identify customer needs, and communicate full scope of solutions to meet utility and/or federal customer business goals and achieve sales objectives, volume, and market share.
- Open communication lines with customer to understand needs and concerns and ensure that our solutions are in accordance with their goals.
- Meet standards for activities and results, including gross margin dollar goals.
- Prepare and present professional proposals addressing all of the customers’ needs and concerns, including a financial proposal.
- Maintain customer contact throughout the installation period to resolve any additional needs and concerns that may arise.
- Maintain proper documentation and produces required reports.
- Monitor account plan progress, including market conditions, customer needs, and competitive activity.
- Coordinate with government regulatory agencies when required.
- Occasionally help analyze customer’s infrastructure.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred (the minimum education required is a high school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam).
- Required experience: Demonstrated success in achieving sales objectives as a Federal Business Account Manager with at least three years of successful Federal UESC industry experience.
- Other requirements:
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States without the need for current or future work sponsorship.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English.
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) pertaining to procurement and energy solutions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Maturity and professionalism to effectively handle frequent exposure to senior members at Siemens, as well as with external organizations and customers.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodical, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to compose and write proposals, reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Effective and successful consultative sales development, negotiation, and closing techniques.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and business relationships
- Must have experience working with UESC and ESPC contract vehicles.
- Must possess and maintain active strategic relationships with Utilities.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Certified Energy Manager or similar certification.
- Prior Federal Government or Military service.
- Prior service with Department of Defense, Veterans Administration, or similar Government Service in roles of leadership, energy, contracts, or related.
- Utility Company Work Experience.