This internship position will include supporting the various Quality Management teams in Wind Power with non-conformance reporting, problem solving, collecting and analyzing data for root cause analysis, and supporting the rollout of our non-conformance tracking tool.
The intern will support the Quality Engineers that work in the Quality Management organization with solving quality issues and reporting on quality non conformances (including costs), as well as rolling out the new non-conformance management tool to the organization.
The intern will report to the Project Quality Manager which is the group that supports all of new unit Wind power in managing the quality for installing and commissioning new Wind Farms.
- Train users on how to use the new non-conformance tool called QSYS
- Build training material and reference user documents for QSYS
- Act as an administrator on the business side for the QSYS tool to make sure that workflows are sent to the proper places.
- Help users troubleshoot issues as they learn the new QSYS tool.
- Run reports and create charts in Excel to support the Project Quality group.
- Assist the quality team that does non-conformance cost reporting to aid in reporting and analyzing data.
- Learn how to run a root cause analysis to solve a quality problem and assist with problem solving the quality issues encountered on the projects.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School diploma required
- Seeking students who are currently enrolled in a Bachelors program pursuing a degree in Business or Computer Sciences
- GPA 3.0
- Experience tutoring or training to demonstrate competency in assisting others to learn
- Experience with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access and SQL
- Strong knowledge on systems troubleshooting with some programming experience to demonstrate competency in learning new tool sets.
- Looking for someone with a strong capacity to problem solve and understand how to teach a new software application to users, while also having a strong accounting background to help with non-conformance cost management.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Local candidates preferred
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience