Business Unit: Corporate Core
Requisition Number: 234857
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
To meet the minimum requirements of Siemens Security Officer on all shifts, the candidate must show that he/she show the ability to:
- Execute security services as outline in site-specific Post Orders or as directed by Security Management.
- Responsible for conducting walking patrols of buildings and grounds, or using a golf cart or company vehicle. Responsible for identifying and reporting any security threats, unsafe conditions, hazards or other emergency situations.
- Responsible for site-specific duties and tasks based on assignment, which may include customer service, lobby/visitor reception, dock security, or other such positions.
- Write detailed and accurate incident reports during shift, including notation of any unusual activities and how issues were resolved. Responsible for contacting appropriate individuals (Site Supervision, Field Management, etc.) as directed by site post orders or as needed during shift.
- Responsible for knowing all site-specific policies and procedures, and implementing emergency response activities as appropriate.
- Responsible for participating in all company and site required orientation and training programs.
- Respond to any incidents that occur during shift, ensuring appropriate action is taken, all reports are properly completed, and appropriate parties are notified in a timely manner.
- Conduct any security, customer service or support functions as directed by supervisor.
- Competence with all aspects of security systems; including CCTV, fire and medical alarms and access control systems, or demonstrates the capability to be trained.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 6 months to 1 year of professional-level work experience required.
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
- Requires a current state driver’s license with no more than 3 points on the driving record and the ability to safely operate a golf cart and/or vehicle if assigned to a position requiring operation of such vehicles. Ability to provide own reliable transportation to consistently get to/from work on time is required.
- Ability to write effective and concise reports in neat, legible handwriting is required. Working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office software a considerable plus.
- Demonstrated ability to be very customer service oriented, with the ability to professionally interact with all levels of individuals in a courteous manner, and to de-escalate situations before they become hostile or unpleasant.
- Energetic and focused personality with a demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization, including with clients, while functioning as a team player required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Current or prior military experience, or college education in the security field desirable.
- 1 to 3 years prior experience in the security industry, law enforcement, military and/or customer service highly desired.
- Clean driving record (no points in prior 3 years), and the ability to safely operate a golf cart and/or vehicle if assigned to a position requiring operation of such vehicles. Ability to provide own reliable transportation (or access public transportation) to consistently get to/from work on time is required.
- Moderate knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office software a considerable plus.
- The ability to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, prioritize tasks and responsibilities. Provide world class customer service, able to take direction from supervisors and maintain good order and discipline through the chain of command.