Security Certification Consultant
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 234864
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Reston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well-established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is a dynamic and rapidly growing organization and we are seeking a self-driven individual to complement our growing team.
As a Siemens Technical Certification Consultant, you will be the point person to be the technical liaison to Siemens PLM Software product development and the Government/A&D customers with certification and accreditation requirements and compliance. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills, technical leadership skills, process improvement skills as well as knowledge of the Government Risk Management Framework. In this role, you will perform as a trusted advisor on certification and accreditation requirements to address business strategy for product sales in the government sector.
As part of the SGT consultant team, you will work with the Sales, Services, and Business Development team to ensure customer success.
· Be the technical liaison to Product Development representing Certification and Accreditation (C&A) requirements for Government/A&D customers
· Be familiar with Cybersecurity Standards published by the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
· Work directly with Siemens PL Product Development groups to ensure the certification requirements are clear.
· Be Liaison between DoD and PD relaying questions/responses during certification process.
· Be knowledgeable in DoD RMF process for obtaining Authority to Operate (ATO)s, certification on client workstations
· Be familiar with Security Technical Implementation Guides
· Be familiar with DoD tools (ex. vulnerability scanning tools, SCAP, MKRUNTEST, XRAY, etc)
· Support Sales opportunities as needed for security questions/responses to RFPs/RFIs
· Build a relationship between Siemens and DoD security organizations
· Support improvements to Product Development standardized process for delivering non-vulnerable software to all government entities.
· Stay abreast of Security requirements changes (e.g. NIST) leveraging existing Siemens organizations
· United States Citizen with no dual citizenship, ties to another country, foreign passports or visas
· Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Technology or equivalent years of experience (4+)
· Minimum 3-4 years of experience in cyber security, risk management framework, engineering and/or manufacturing processes for design and development of products.
· One (1) to two (2) years of experience working in a customer facing environment
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to present complex issues to multi-level audiences throughout the company and government executives.
· Ability to effectively communicate progress, status and issues to internal and external customers.
· Ability to work independently, as well as on a team.
· Proficient with Sandard MS Office applications, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
· CISSP Certification highly preferred.
United States Citizen with the ability to obtain a U.S Government Security Clearance.