Engineering Project Support-WI
Business Unit: Process Solutions
Requisition Number: 234868
Primary Location: United States-Wisconsin-Rothschild
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
Document Control Coordinator (DCC)
Position Profile: Document Control Coordinator (DCC)
Project support using logical and consistent methods by coordinating work with project managers, engineers, and designers. This direct charge position includes the following responsibilities:
· Develop and maintain the spec matrix, spec index and review documentation related specs during the presales and contract phases
· Work with project team to develop Document Delivery Schedule during the presales phase
· Develop/maintain document register for client/subvendor documentation
· Support project team with preparation of documents as needed including documents for transmittals and/or equipment technical specifications, data sheets, applicable client specs and other documents needed for quotations
· Prepare/compile/transmit document transmittals to/from client/subvendor as required
· Distribute documents from clients/vendors internally
· Prepare and distribute various documentation status reports to expedite internal and/or external document flow
· Assist with preparation/submittal of final documentation to client
· Maintain project files
· Identify/report issues which may impact project documentation
· Qualified candidates will have a demonstrated record of successfully performing project documentation management processes. Experience working with engineering teams is preferred.
· Strong team player, willing to work with team members or support other DCC
· Excellent organizational and communications skills and abilities
· May have to work over time when schedule is tight
· 2+ years successful experience in an engineering environment with document control experience. Proficient in MS Excel (intermediate to advanced) and MS Word (intermediate), Adobe Acrobat and Internet.
HS diploma or equivalent required. 1-2 years of vocation/technical training or an Associate’s degree preferred.
Key Working Relationships:
Multiple function primarily with internal contacts and some external, international contacts