Business Excellence Professional (Lean Six Sigma)
Business Unit: Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 234884
Primary Location: United States-New York-Painted Post
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and
optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil &
gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind
turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able
to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the
lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and
For more information, please visit:
Business Excellence Professional (BEP) will report to the product line Business Excellence Manager. The BEP is responsible for continuous improvement efforts for Painted Post. Successful candidate will take a direct hands-on role in implementing measurement systems analysis, process capability improvements, and root cause/corrective action. Must be able to effectively utilize and influence cross-organizational resources to achieve both individual and team goals. The role will be responsible for training both hourly and salaried employees in Lean best practices. The ability to function in a complex environment, influence and communicate effectively is essential to success.
Position Qualifications (Required and Preferred):
- BS Degree with related work experience.
- 5 years minimum experience in a manufacturing environment.
2 years proven “Lean” experience eliminating waste in the work environment.
- Proven capability in facilitating and leading change management.
- Works well in teams, with a proven ability to lead cross functional teams.
- Proven effective in coaching and mentoring others.
- Successfully builds relationships and networks in a union manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- The ability to stand 8 hours a day on the manufacturing floor.
- Key characteristics to include: perseverance, action oriented, highly organized.
- Passion for continuous improvement.
- Propensity to pursue goals with energy and persistence.
Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Oracle, PowerPoint.
- Certification as Lean Six-Sigma Black Belt.
- Demonstrates a high level of emotional intelligence, business acumen, and change management skills.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Improve on-time delivery & cycle time.
- Elimination of waste in the manufacturing areas.
- Provide leadership and facilitate continuous and break-through innovations and process improvements.
- Support the enterprise wide Operational Excellence program by managing Continuous Improvement Projects at each plant site ensuring that best practices are implemented across the operations.
- Identify, develop, and manage projects that will drive Manufacturing Excellence within the operations.
- Assist in the creation and/or improvement of Operational Excellence culture.
- Coach and mentor employees in the application of the appropriate process innovation tools to ensure teams/projects are successful in meeting project goals.
- Advise product line management and provide strategic direction on Operational Excellence project selection, integration, resource alignment and prioritization.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of improvement projects and serve as a liaison to the site leadership team.
- Ensure best practices are implemented across the operations.
- Provide strategic direction on improvement project selection, integration, resource alignment and prioritization.
- Identify internal training needs and implement appropriate training.
- Project management design and implementation for BE Projects and Kaizen Events.