Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 234889
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Minnetonka
Other Locations: United States-New York-Schenectady
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Corporation is a U.S. subsidiary of Siemens AG, a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years.
Siemens is one of the leading global suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. Electrical energy makes the world go around. No matter where power comes from or where it has to go, we make sure it makes it’s way – every step of the way!
As the trusted partner for the development and extension of an efficient and reliable power infrastructure, Siemens offers utilities and the industry the portfolio they need. This includes facilities and systems for the low-voltage and distribution power grid level, smart grid and energy automation solutions, power supply for industrial plants, and high-voltage transmission systems. Siemens is represented in more than 90 countries, with over 300,000 employees worldwide, and more than 100 production sites worldwide.
The Business Unit Digital Grid is the leading global supplier of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power.
Energy systems are changing dramatically and in the world of digitalization, automation, and electrification the Digital Grid portfolio has products, solutions, and services to meet the most demanding challenges.
We have major locations in Minneapolis, MN; Foster City, CA; Schenectady, NY; Houston, TX; and Wendell, NC.
Siemens Digital Grid – Ahead of the Challenge – Ahead of the Change!
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come expand your career in one of the best companies world-wide!
Performs financial and operational analysis to support strategic plans and business operations
Position Responsibilities (not all inclusive)
- Coordinates month end closing activities for assigned segment together with the Segment Controller and the Digital Grid accounting team, to ensure data accuracy and high quality of monthly financial reports.
- Responsible for financial analysis: timely delivery of weekly reporting package with high quality, provides comments and alerts, including performing cost analysis against budgets and /or forecasts and preparation of variance analysis reports to allow for corrective action where necessary.
- Review of balance sheet & income statement with its corresponding reconciliations
- Ensures compliance with Siemens FRGs, IFRS and US GAAP in relation to accounting & financial reporting
- Budgeting and forecasting: Working on headcount planning together with Sub-Segment Leads & Segment Controller, and reporting and monitoring of productivity targets and measures to achieve targets for the assigned segment. Includes working on Operational Excellence topics and driving accurate productivity forecasting through Project Server on Demand.
- Working together with the Commercial Project Manager and Sub-Segment Leads to maintain and ensure adherence to standard processes for assessing, recording and measuring NCC for the business in line with corporate guidelines
- Supports the preparation of internal management reports, including presentation, performance reviews, and other ad hoc reports, in the various formats (i.e. Power Point; Excel) as required.
Provides financial advice to operating units/functional organizations on accounting issues and special transactions;
Assists in special projects like M&A transactions & the successful integration of acquired business.
- Raise and consolidate forex hedging forms to SFS Currency Manager on monthly basis
- Any other ad-hoc related projects.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Finance/Accounting. MBA preferred.
- Typically 5-8 years experience in the finance / accounting area, MNC experience is a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, esp. Excel, Word & Power Point. Working knowledge of Think Cell is a plus. Good working knowledge of SAP.
- Good ownership and excellent communication & interpersonal skills - strong collaboration approach.
- Solid accounting skills with ability to demonstrate an understanding & interpretation of key financial statements.
- Visionary with the ability to analyze company data to influence business decisions to support the business performance.
- Self-disciplined with strong time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative with flexible & proactive approach to work.
- Willingness to learn & develop.
- Travel is required with this role.