Commodity Management Specialist 3
Business Unit: Strategic Procurement
Requisition Number: 234893
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates, United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
As a Commodity Management Specialist 3, you are a technical expert in the procurement organization partnering with R&D for cost and value optimization of Siemens Healthineers existing and new products.
- Perform Cost Analysis and Optimization, Design to Cost for existing and new components
- Subject matter expert in printed circuit board assembly (PCBA), electro-mechanical and mechanical parts to support commodity management and R&D in cost analysis, design-to-cost at all phases of product life cycle
· CVE is part of the US Commodity Management and Engineering team reporting to Director of Procurement.
- Perform and manage Cost Analysis and Optimization projects.
- Perform cost calculation for: Printed circuit board assembly, electro-mechanical assembly, cable assembly, machined and sheet-metal parts.
- Support global and regional commodity managers in supplier negotiations.
- Support R&D in target costing and design-to-cost optimization.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- B.S. in engineering or related in engineering field required.
- More than 3 year experience in engineering and/or procurement.
- Experience with Surface Mount Technology (SMT), through-hole PCBA.
- Experience with machined and sheet-metal parts.
- Experience with cost analysis tools and software.
- Experience with component cost structure, supplier negotiation.
- Fine attention to detail along with ability to self-regulate, self-motivate and self-prioritize.
- Drive results, influential skills; Cross functional collaboration.
- Up to 20% travel.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- MBA is a plus.
- Experience in machine shop, manufacturing environment, and commercial aspects of the business.
- Knowledge in injection molding, thermal forming, reaction injection molding, and/or bio-chem is a plus.