Pre-Sales Solution Consultant - Tecnomatix- Canada
Business Unit: Human Resources
Requisition Number: 234902
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
This position is located in Toronto, Canada
Technical Sales and support of Siemens Digital Manufacturing (DM) Portfolio. Canada based highly skilled role within the Canadian Pre-Sales/Business Development team.
As a DM Solution consultant you would be responsible for supporting field operations in various forms in order to make the sales organization well equipped to sell and support our manufacturing engineering software solutions for robotics and automation (Tecnomatix brand) in discrete manufacturing industries such as Automotive & Transportation, Aerospace & Defense, Machinery, High Tech, Electronics, Marine and Food & Beverage.
This requires a good understanding of manufacturing companies’ business processes; it also requires the ability to identify customers’ business needs, to define the most suitable solution, to support sales in selling it and possibly escort the deployment process. This role combines extensive technical knowledge of robotics and automation software solutions with a good understanding of the manufacturing environment. The applicant is also required to know well – at least – one discrete manufacturing industry and must have a sales orientation and strong communication skills.
• Demo Digital Manufacturing software products to prospects and customers (pre-sales), support key engagements and projects
• Present and promote application solutions with a focus on Digital Manufacturing (DM) and robotics and automation (RobotExpert, Process Simulate…), within Siemens and partners
• Interact with leading customers in order to learn and help to solve process and product issues
• Interact with R&D and Product Management leaders and provide feedback on desirable product evolutions based on customers’ inputs
• Stay up to date on markets, technologies, industries, trends etc.
• Willingness to travel (min 30%)
• 5+ years of work experience in manufacturing-related positions
• Comfortable in customer-facing situations
• Experienced in software tools - robotics simulation / discrete event simulation, plant simulation, virtual commissioning, PLC simulation, factory automation software…
• Understanding of typical production processes in an industry such as industrial machinery, aerospace, heavy equipment and/or automotive OEM/tier x
• Able to understand, articulate, position and present the value of Manufacturing Engineering solutions in the context of an Industry, and client business
• Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in Canada. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in Canada.
• Added advantage:
• Knowledge of Siemens PLM Manufacturing Engineering product portfolio, such as Process Simulate, RobCAD, Robert Expert, Plant Simulation (preferably Siemens PLM Tecnomatix portfolio)as well as the competitive landscape is an added advantage
• Knowledge/Skills in CAx/PLM applications (such as NX/Teamcenter)
• Experience with robot integration and/or robot programming
• Experience in Automation
• Customer facing work experience (Pre-sale / Post-sale)