HR Specialist 1
Business Unit: Human Resources
Requisition Number: 234917
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
For more information, please visit:
This position will partner with the HR Business Consultants (HRBC) and Center of Excellences (COE) to support the businesses with specialized HR services. This role will advise and coach managers/employees on HR services, programs and policies. Additionally, this position will support all data management and documentation requirements that will be needed by the internal clients whom they are assigned to support as well as eventually support a small client group.
This position will be located in 40 Liberty Boulevard
Malvern, PA 19355and reporting to Sr. Director Human Resources and will support Sales, Marketing, R&D, and Central Functions business areas.
• Partner with the internal SPM and HR shared services organization to resolve escalated issues tied to payroll processing, leave administration, data issues, etc.
• Partner with internal support organizations to administer delegation, immigration and leave administration processes, etc.
• Consult and advise managers and employees on policy and procedure questions.
• Partner with the HRBC organization to make updates to employee data (employee data management (EDM) activities, etc.) and perform regular employee data audits to ensure accuracy.
• Investigate smaller scope Share with Us Cases and provide recommendations for closure.
• Support a small client group up to 75 employees (potentially after 9 – 12 months).
• Educate and provide training to managers and employees on the best use of on-demand solutions for HR-related topics (i.e. self-service applications).
• Conduct exit interviews, analyze the data that comes out of the interviews, and provide recommendations to HRBCs and HRBC Management regarding issues and concerns such as compensation problems, management communications issues, etc.
• Coordinate and provide new hire orientation to new employees.
• Partner with internal HR organizations and Businesses to develop new reports for businesses; provide analysis regarding terminations, hires, transfers, requisitions, etc.; and run reports for businesses.
• Maintain internal organizational coding changes and consult with the HRBC/BP team in the development of new business structure codes.
• Support the implementation of local HR activities (i.e. D&I activities, facility based EH&S activities, location based required postings).
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 0-2 years of working experience with prior HR internship experience preferred.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and coaching skills.
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Interpersonal sensitivity and skills.
• Must be able to partner and collaborate with HR team and business.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks while effectively prioritizing to meet deadlines in an ever changing fast-paced environment.
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) as well as the ability to quickly learn and navigate various HR information systems.