Design Engineer - Commercial Fire/Life Safety Systems - Bridgeville, PA
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 234920
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Bridgeville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate. For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/buildingtechnologies.html
An exciting opportunity to join our growing Fire and Security team as a Design Engineer! This office-based position is responsible for the design of both fire/life safety and security/access control systems using company tools, operating protocols, and standard drafting software. Reporting to the Engineering Supervisor, this position receives project specifications, drawings and scope of work information from the sales team, engineering supervisor, and /or project managers from the fire and security team to complete detailed design submittals.
· Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and current codes to determine project requirements and risks. Chooses the appropriate mix of products and installation methods to provide the most cost effective solution.
· Prepares all required submittal packages, riser and floor plans, and performs battery calculations. Creates and organizes the bill of material for projects. Works in conjunction with warehouse personnel, to order and tracks all required products and materials for timely delivery on the job site.
· Prepares engineering re-estimates and follows up with appropriate sales and management to assure understanding and satisfaction with job scope.
· Acts as a technical resource to team and customer as needed. Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
· Ensures the project folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job related information.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Associates degree in Electronics, Drafting or other technical field.
· NICET I - Fire Alarm Systems
· 1-3 years experience with fire safety systems and / or security/access control and CCTV systems.
· Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office and AutoCAD required.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or other technical disipline
· NICET II or III - Fire Alarm Systems or Security Systems
· 3-5 years experience in engineering fire safety systems and / or security/access control and CCTV systems.