Senior Technical Support Engineer
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 235000
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
• Performs on-site and in-house technical support, onsite commissioning support, onsite training of personnel on products and other related products to customers.
• Performs support using tools, test equipment, documentation, etc. to increase customer satisfaction.
• Demonstrates extensive product knowledge.
• Takes ownership of customer issues reported and complete problems through to resolution.
• Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues.
• Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate group.
• Research and identify solutions to software and hardware issues.
• Ensure all issues are properly logged and escalated accordingly.
• Prepare accurate and timely reports.
• Document technical knowledge in form of technical bulletins and manuals.
• Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time.
• Prepare and conduct technical training classes.
• Continuously enhance technical instructional delivery and presentation skills.
• Ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle.
• Ability to provide onsite emergency support at customer location at moment notice.
• BS/BA in electrical or mechanical engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must be able to lift up to 100lbs.
• Must be capable of bending, crawling and working in tight spaces.
• Ability to troubleshoot system using electrical print.
• Ability to navigation computer programs and GUI interfaces.
• Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.