Engineering Specialist I - Building Automation Controls
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 235007
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Bellevue
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 20%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for an Engineering Specialist to support our Solutions Automation group in the Seattle area. Reporting to the Specialist Supervisor, the Engineering Specialist supports Solutions execution and also manages and executes multiple, smaller projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance.
· Provides engineering and design, technical/installation, and project management for projects in assigned portfolio.
· Manages all financial aspects of assigned projects, including invoicing, forecasting, change order proposals, etc,
· Attends pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope.
· Analyzes available plans, specifications, and customer contract to determine system requirement.
· Selects products, sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet customer requirements.
· Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical installation, or other problems.
· Provides on-site assistance with or performs the programming, start-up, checkout, and commissioning for assigned projects.
· Participates in job site final walk-through and service team turnover for all assigned projects.
· Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
· May coordinate scopes of work with subcontractors as needed
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Required education: Engineering Degree with a focus on Electrical, Mechanical, Software or Technology
· Required travel: 5% - 20%
o Ability to read and understand construction drawings, including mechanical and electrical drawings
o Must be able to provide leadership and input to others as requested or required to assist in the accurate estimation, design, installation, start up, commissioning, and training for building systems.
o Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
o Must have strong verbal and written skills in English.
o Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing and be 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens Vehicle Program.
o Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Computer programming language (HTML, C+, Java, Python
· Network architecture experience (Ethernet / Intranet / WAN)
· Mechanical systems (HVAC)