Rotor Balance Technician - 2nd Shift
Business Unit: Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 235017
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services. Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
Position Overview Summary:
Candidate will be responsible for the disassembly, inspection, recording of as found conditions, repairs, reassembly and dynamic balance of OEM and Non OEM centrifugal compressor rotors and steam turbine rotors. Candidate will work as part of a team within a team to ensure that all projects are completed safely, correctly and meet or beat customer expectations. Follow and promote all safety and quality directives in support of Siemens commitment to being the industry’s” Premier Service Provider”.
Required Position Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years job related experience
- Proficient in the use of Schenk Cab 920 instrumentation or equivalent
- Greater than average reading, writing and arithmetic skills required
- Ability to read and comprehend mechanical drawings, written procedures and or verbal directions.
- Proficient use of precision measurement tools. CMM experience a plus.
- Completion of Dresser-Rand, Siemens or peer companies formal apprenticeship program or company training program.
Job Specific Responsibilities/Qualifications
- Receives instructions, prints, and work routers for the project. Reviews details of working procedures, tools and material requirements.
- Disassembles and Assembles work piece(s) using cranes, hand tooling, heating and cutting equipment.
- Perform detailed inspection and verification of components with mechanical drawings.
- Creates a clear and precise written description of component conditions.
- Repairs rotor components by grinding, blending, alignment and or other approved methods.
- Assembly and low speed balance of rotor and or rotor components in compliance with written or verbal procedures.
- Compiles and completes all project associated documentation for final report.
- Maintains equipment, tooling and work area clean, orderly and secure.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.