Legal Administrative Assistant
Business Unit: Legal and Compliance
Requisition Number: 235018
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information,please visit: http://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses.html
Participate in the preparation of presentations, reports, spreadsheets and other documents. Use Outlook to efficiently manage calendar for Head of SPO legal team. Support the organization and maintenance of office supplies/files. Organize meetings, including catering and reserving of conference rooms, and booking travel and accommodations for Head of SPO Legal. Submit expense reports on behalf of managers of the SPO legal team. Be responsible for time entry for SPO legal team members on a monthly basis. Answer telephone calls, take messages, respond to questions and direct callers and office business partners to appropriate parties, as necessary; sort and distribute mail, files. Draft and edit semi-complex memos and other correspondence. Compile data from several sources to create reports for regular team distribution, including comprehensive weekly matter list for SPO team and support storage in SharePoint and maintenance of same. Assist with on-boarding new team members. Participate as active member of site administrative team.
• High School Diploma required, Associate Degree preferred
• 5 plus years supporting multiple leaders, in a corporate or legal environment
• Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office & Microsoft Outlook. Proficient with Power Point highly preferred.
• Occasional (up to 10%) travel required for regional meetings, training, etc.
• Preparing and distributing customized reports by collecting data from a variety of sources.
• Skills to proactively anticipate the needs and requirements of the leadership team being supported and act upon those requirements independently.
• Administering transactional support for calendar maintenance, expense reporting, time cards, travel arrangements, distribution lists/employee communications, liaise across zones, etc.
• Experienced in the following areas:
Multi-tasking and Managing time for oneself and others (meetings, calls, etc.)
Adaptability within a flexible work force and schedules
Build rapport and relationships internal and external stake holders
Strong teamwork, leadership, & communication skills