Senior Building Automation Technician - Building Technologies - Major US City
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 235028
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 75%
- Works with project managers and engineering team to review jobs specifications and design needs
- Designs and creates all custom software programs and point database that are used with the BAS, workstations, controller integrations and website interfaces.
- Provides on-site support for the scheduling of contractors to coordinate start-up services as needed. Construction trades would generally include various mechanical, electrical, IT and equipment suppliers.
- Executes project start-ups, commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting of installed BAS controls and mechanical systems on assigned projects.
- Participates in the layout and coordination of network drops, IP addresses and monitoring tools with customer's IT Department personnel.
- Works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for integration to their systems.
- Runs semi-complex reports to analyze system operation, works with project team to demonstrate system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work.
- Participates in final inspection and testing, assures customer acceptance, and conducts training for end user customers on system operations.
- Provides Plans & Control System Documents to application engineering for as-built drawings using the latest digital technology.
- Mentors other specialists who may need specific automation or HVAC product knowledge.
- A minimum of 4-6 years experience with Building Automation Systems. Experience could be as a Building Automation Technician, installer/electrician of BAS systems or BAS Owner/Operator. Project team and clients have the expectation that this technician is fully qualified for assigned roles.
- Associates/Technical Degree or experience desired (High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is a minimum requirement).
- Must have strong knowledge in HVAC mechanical and/or Electrical systems
- 75% travel required
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.