Rail Transport Business Development Professional
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 235036
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens is seeking a high impact, successful business development/key account management professional to work with existing and prospective customers in the passenger rail business. This critical role will be accountable for the direction and execution of plans to strengthen and deepen the relationship between customers and Siemens. Reporting to the Vice President of Business Development, Rail Systems.
The Director of Business Development will establish and manage sales engagements, develop and execute capture management/growth strategies, and expand the pipeline of partners and solutions for Siemens with passenger customers in the region. This individual will be responsible for capturing business opportunities, leading teaming and proposal activities for complex acquisitions, and developing presentation materials to support business development activities across the spectrum of potential opportunities.
Key deliverables will include:
- Targeting specific opportunities to deepen and broaden relationships
- Nurturing the overall relationship between Siemens and existing passenger rail customers to insure ongoing partnership
- Acting as primary point of contact at Siemens to simplify and streamline process by which customers interact with Siemens
Additional accountabilities include:
-Program planning and execution of pre and post sales activities
-Provide insight to senior management on program execution activities, status, and issues
- Business development and sales
-Identify new business opportunities and partner relationships
-Track the status of strategic procurements and teaming activities
-Develop and execute strategic growth plans across total opportunity set
-Develop teaming relationships with key industry partners, system integrators, primes, and subcontractors
-Lead Siemens activities to deliver first rate repeatable proposals and responses
- Minimum of 10 years experience in program management, business development, or key account management roles at complex organizations delivering programs and solutions while interacting directly with customers is required.
- Direct experience in the industrial, technology, electronics, or engineering sectors with particular focus on transportation/trains is desirable
- Must have a knowledge and understanding of government contracting, acquisition.
- Strong and capable leadership skills with emphasis on collaboration, virtual team management, and cross-organization communications
- Highly evolved network of professional contacts and colleagues in both industry and government
- Outstanding people, project and change management capabilities