Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer- Indianapolis
Business Unit: Distributed Generation
Requisition Number: 235065
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Indianapolis
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
- Responsible for the quality management and compliance activities to include: Non-Conformance quality handling and reporting, source inspection, supplier qualification and audit. Additional tasks as assigned in support of the Small Engine Business.
- Compile data (Cost of Non-Conformance), identify trends, and prepare periodic Quality Systems Management Reviews (with proposed action items) for Senior and Executive Quality and Operations management
- Provide monthly reports on KPIs and the status of the quality function
- Process and manage supplier and customer concessions
- Submit all required reports in a timely manner
- Support all functions within the Small Engine Business as required for quality related topics
- Be the subject matter expert for quality inspections and audits
- Lead and implement multiple continuous improvement projects
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- 8-10 years of experience in a supplier quality engineering function in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in conducting internal and external quality audits
- Capable of processing concessions thoroughly and efficiently with attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Capable of performing technical and administrative tasks required by the role
- Previous experience with Aero Derivative Gas Turbines is highly preferred.
- Direct experience in the gas turbine industry with a focus on Aerospace products and requirements
- Ability to work in a globally matrixed environment
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Familiar with Siemens PPQ process