Technical Support Technician 4
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 235085
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Cary
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Provide technical support to incoming customer calls for Advanced Therapies/Angio, triage the call through attempting remote diagnosis and/or telephone repair directly with customer.
- If remote diagnosis/repair is not possible, triage customer call for appropriate routing of customer’s request dispatching to field based resources.
- Technical Support Engineer (TSE) will create notifications for incoming customer calls, utilize real time task management for documentation of work performed. During the service request clarification, TSE will concisely document current problem description. If request is to be routed for dispatch, TSE shall provide recommended action plan in notification if possible.
- Utilize remote diagnostics in assisting Customers with resolving equipment issues.
- Actively participate in the periodic review of equipment logs received via SRS when available.
- Execution of escalation processes.
- On-site repair of customer equipment as required.
- Work on-call/stand-by or travel out of the assigned area as scheduled by the Operations Manager in order to meet obligations of customer contracts and to respond to emergencies.
- Ability to work remote for qualified candidates
To qualify, you should have at least a high school diploma; technical Associate's Degree or equivalent experience preferred, with experience in testing, repairing and maintaining capital medical equipment. 8+ years field service experience is needed, as well as demonstrated customer relations skills. Background with AT equipment required. Must be proficient in the use of tools and service test equipment. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and ensure the highest quality of system readiness for customer demonstrations.
Must have 5-8 years of technical expertise working with Advanced Therapies products (Artis systems, Surgery/Angio/Mobile C-arms).
Performs in most complex product support to customers remotely or on-site Dissemination of most complex product knowledge. Develops/designs solutions for customers with most complex product needs to product design group. Coordination for most complex new product introductions as they relate to product support.
Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred. HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
Knowledge and Experience:
Successfully demonstrates leading-edge or extensive knowledge in a technical or specialty area. Generally, 8+ years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Direction of Others:
May provide expert advice, training, and technical assistance to support staff and train lower level employees.
Key Working Relationships:
Represents the organization as a prime internal contact and possibly a key external contact.