Division: Global Services Business Unit: Information Technology Requisition Number: 235096 Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando Other Locations: United States-Texas-Houston Assignment Category: Full-time regular Experience Level: Entry level Education Required Level: None Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eightDivisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives,and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information, please visit:
The Classification Specialist is a member of the Classification team within the US Customs Operations Team and reports into the Head of Classification. The Classification Specialist role is responsible for the tactical and strategic operations and facilitating compliance with product classification (HTSUS) requirements, as well as supporting the Duty Optimization team, as necessary, from a classification / substantial transformation standpoint.
Responsibilities Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: • Documenting, implementing, and maintaining standard processes and work instructions • Working with US Customs Operation Team peers and the business to identify opportunities to drive efficiencies • Obtaining necessary information, applying the standard methodology, and documenting the rationale for determining the product classification (HTSUS) • Responding to requests from Customs to validate or verify product classifications (i.e. CF 27, 28, 29). • Performing periodic audits of product classifications • Compiling and reporting information relevant to product classification • Retaining records in accordance with Customs regulations
• Ensuring conformance with applicable laws and regulations
• Providing training to peers and/or the business to facilitate awareness of and compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Identifying risk and actively working with the department, management and others, as necessary, to develop and communicate change to: mitigate risk, improve compliance, facilitate business trade activities and harmonize process methods and standards
• Identifying, developing, communicating and actively pursuing opportunities for standardizing and streamlining processes across the US
• Consulting with the US Custom Operational Team community, management, and others on an ongoing basis on complex issues and/or proposed change
• Collaborating with various Center of Expertise team members on cross-departmental activities
• Understanding complex global transactions and applying the correct guidance to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and the Internal Control Program
The successful candidate must have the following abilities: • Work in a fast-paced environment • Work with minimal guidance or direction
• Provide guidance, direction, coaching and/or training to others
• Detail oriented • Identify and implement process improvement opportunities • Effectively communicate and manage change • Work in multi-cultural corporate business setting • Excellent interpersonal skills and communications
• Review / comprehend technical specifications, drawings, or other product information
• Perform research (online or otherwise) to obtain necessary product details for classification purposes
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Minimum of 8 – 10 years work experience with HTSUS classification
• Strong working knowledge of international trade regulations and their effect on business processes, including, but not limited to the: EAR (15 CFR), Customs Regulations (19 CFR) and the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the US.
• Demonstrated project management and analytics skills • Working knowledge of SAP, Integration Point, and/or Oracle systems • Advanced skills with MS Office products
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, supply chain management or other related field.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more,
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more,