Senior Design Researcher
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 235099
Primary Location: United States-California-Mountain View
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Create the Future Every Day
Healthcare is changing and we’re already thinking about what’s next. Can you help us launch the technologies and innovations of tomorrow?
We are Siemens Healthineers, a global community of designers, engineers, pioneers and entrepreneurs at the intersection of health and technology. We invent, build, and operate solutions that the world’s best health systems rely on.
We’re incubating a Silicon Valley healthcare startup that promises to transform care delivery by delivering dramatic productivity improvements to health networks. We believe this venture is poised to disrupt the market by infusing cutting edge technology into an industry primed for innovation, and are assembling a stellar team to exploit this opportunity.
The Siemens Healthineers Incubator is seeking a senior design researcher who possesses a passion for great design, the ability to deeply understand user needs, an expert at translating insights into holistic solutions and meaningful products, quickly grasping and distilling highly complex matters, has a terrific aesthetic sense, an exceptional eye for detail, and a deep appreciation for simple solutions to complex problems.
The Senior Design Researcher is a key player in determining the future of our incubated businesses. We are looking for a design researcher who is ready to and capable of setting the bar high to contribute to producing amazing and delightful products.
You will work closely with the Head of Venture Strategy and the Head of Design, along with the Design, Product, Engineering and QA teams to provide compelling research guidance which ultimately leads to creative, problem-solving interactive prototypes, design mock-ups, specifications, and final assets required for flawless design implementation and overall strategic product direction.
• Minimum 5 years of experience creating exceptional user experiences.
• Must be capable of planning and execution of both qualitative and quantitative research which help to frame, validate or challenge other forms of research and assumptions.
• You can develop ethnographic research and contextual design investigations to grasp customer behaviors, uncovering pain points, needs and aspirations.
• Must be proficient at creating personas, customer journeys, insight-opportunity frameworks, system maps, stories and other appropriate research approaches.
• A natural diplomat with strong communication and organizational skills.
• A team player who prefers developing designs in a team environment creating the best designs through peer critique and collaboration.
• Degree in design, psychology, human factors, business, strategy, marketing (or equivalent experience).
• Possess a general understanding of business models and economics.
• Well versed in fundamental visual and interactive design disciplines and principals.
• An outstanding body of work demonstrating the successful delivery of innovative digital interface design solutions that add real consumer value.
• This person sees only possibilities when looking at a blank white board.
• Looks at our products from the customer’s perspective--rather than feature by feature.
• Diverge and converge on innovative ideas to a set of digital (and/or tangible) outputs.
• Iteratively design, test and refine disruptive products and services.
• Contribute to deep trend analysis.
• Identify insights from research and analysis.
• Design and facilitate workshops and immersion sessions with multidisciplinary and customer teams.
• Responsible for key features or entire app development.
• Recognizes the contributions of all disciplines that contribute to the user experience and is able to articulate issues beyond their own discipline.
• Integrates business constraints into design decisions.
• Is a product and user experience representative when working with other functional areas.
• Articulates and rationalizes design decisions.
• Skilled at deliverables such as user scenarios, personas, content, and storytelling, to demonstrate creative thinking and problem solving process to stakeholders.
• Regularly facilitates design discussions with a focused agenda, clear goals, and high-quality outputs.
• Professional-level knowledge of design tools such as Sketch, Pixelmator, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote, InVision, etc.
• Complete mastery of OS X, Windows, iOS, and Android.
• Advanced knowledge of interaction prototyping tools is a big plus.
Please send along your resume AND portfolio for consideration