Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 235102
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Are you ready to be part of a team of highly motivated and talented building technology engineers, building products and applications that will help to efficiently operate buildings, reduce energy consumption and provide information to proactively service building equipment?
Working in the city as a an entry level Software Developer at Siemens Building Technologies, you will collaborate on our flagship System One product line and participate within interdisciplinary teams and with our global partners.
Within our dynamic open office environment, you will contribute to the enhancement and creation of products and applications for the commercial HVAC market.
There are growth opportunities within our team structure and an ongoing mission to learn many of the newest technologies.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Solid in design, implementation, testing, troubleshooting, and enhancing software applications for building automation components and sub-systems.
- Develop and run automated tests for verifying sub-system application functionality using an appropriate language or platform.
- Create and review technical documentation for internal process and external customer support.
- Collaborate with Senior Engineers to understand market requirements to implement product designs.
- Review and understand software methodologies for product design and model documentation.
- Collaborate in international, multi-site development in an agile environment.
- Comply with documented Siemens development processes.
- Basic understanding of quality attributes and their impact on SW sub-systems, design, and development.
- Participate in design alternatives via prototyping, peer programming and expert reviews.
- Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve and develop skills to stay current with technology.
- Participate in resolution of field problems in application of existing products.
- Some travel required (~10%).
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid knowledge in at least one major programming language and computing platform (e.g. C#, .NET, C++, Java). .NET Core a plus.
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies (AWS) a plus.
- Experiencing working with a development and debugging environment (e.g. Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, Node.js) Microsoft Visual Studio a plus.
- Practitioner of proven development practices for software documentation and test-driven designs.
- Strong focus on delivering quality and utilizing tools to monitor, analyze and enhance software code base.
- Understanding of current source code control and application lifecycle management systems. IBM Jazz SCM and git a plus.
- Understanding of software design patterns and principles.
- Some experience with software design languages, models, and diagrams (e.g. UML).
- Works well in teams and on individual assignments.
- Actively shares knowledge with fellow team members.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Cultural sensitivity and experience working with global teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of virtualization technologies and platforms.
- Knowledge of modern operating systems and IT networks/infrastructure.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.