Fire Alarm Installer Helper
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 235124
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
- Apprentice Fire Alarm Tech working directly under Lead Installers
- Working in a team setting with anywhere from 2-8 people.
- Ability to read and understand plans
- Understanding of multi-meter, form C relays and low voltage circuits
- In house and field training will be provided to further your knowledge
- Pulling low voltage cabling
- Trimming out devices associated with the system including but not limited to smokes, pulls, strobes, speakers, relays and fire fighter phone equipment.
- Showing up on time every time to support your team and work towards a common goal
- Working with daily and communicating progress and punch items needed to your lead
- Commissioning and testing with our customers and the local authority
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Construction field experience, ability to be on your feet all day working with ladders
- Ability to work in Austin and surrounding areas
- Reliable transportation to get to the job site
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Fire Alarm knowledge preferred
- FAL or NICET Certification
- Ability to read fire alarm plans
- Previous fire alarm cabling experience