Building TechnologiesBusiness Unit:
Field OperationsRequisition Number:
United States-Texas-AustinAssignment Category:
Full-time regularExperience Level:
Senior levelEducation Required Level:
High School Diploma / (GED)Travel Required:
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Looking for better opportunity in the Fire Alarm field? Want to grow with the best? We want to talk to you!
- Lead Fire Alarm Tech with the ability to lead a team
- Working in a team setting with anywhere from 2-8 people.
- Ability to read and understand plans
- Understanding of multi-meter, form C relays and low voltage circuits
- In house and field training will be provided to further your knowledge
- Leading a team through all aspects of a fire alarm installation
- Working with electrical, mechanical, elevator and general contractors to coordinate work
- Staying in close communication with project managers identifying change order opportunities and punch items as well as overall health of job
- Pulling low voltage cabling
- Trimming out devices associated with the system including but not limited to smokes, pulls, strobes, speakers, relays and fire fighter phone equipment.
- Skilled with a multimeter and troubleshooting systems
- Showing up on time every time to lead your team and work towards a common goal
- Working with daily and communicating progress and punch items needed to your Project Manager
- Commissioning and testing with our customers and the local authority
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Texas Fire Alarm License (FAL)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proven fire alarm construction experience and the ability to lead
- Construction field experience, ability to be on your feet all day working with ladders
- Ability to work in Austin and surrounding areas
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing, and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- NICET Certification
- Proven High Rise Installation
- Understanding of other trades and how they interface with fire alarm
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.