Business Program Intern
Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 235143
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Issaquah
Assignment Category: Part-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Other
Travel Required: No
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Siemens Ultrasound is seeking an intern to work with our Transducer Test Engineering team in the development of new high performance medical ultrasound transducers. The successful candidate will participate in the design, documentation and execution of electrical and acoustic tests to support the design and prototyping of our latest generation products.
The intern will work in a dynamic and cross-functional environment as part of the transducer engineering team to support the testing endeavors for R&D as well as new production introduction. All work will be guided and reviewed by senior engineers to help the individual develop skills for the healthcare/ultrasound industry. The responsibilities may include, but not limited to, learning and implementing:
• LabVIEW, MATLAB, and Python programming.
• New test theory and test hardware/instrument platform.
• Acoustic/lab testing equipment operation and troubleshooting.
• Test data analysis.
• Technical document writing.
• Basic ultrasound technology.
• Reducing/managing software complexity and improving maintainability.
• Special instrumentation projects.
• Six sigma concepts.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- MATLAB, LabVIEW, and/or Python programming.
- Operating engineering lab equipment, such as oscilloscopes, pulse/function generators, and impedance analyzers.
- Technical writing skills.
- Data analysis.
Academic majors: Electrical Engineering or related engineering fields of study.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate well in a team environment.