Business Development Manager - Federal Government - Building Technologies - Atlantic Zone
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 235172
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Beltsville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 30%
This individual would lead Federal business development activities for the Atlantic Zone (DC, Virginia, Tennessee, West Virginia, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Maryland) by uncovering and developing sales opportunities through relationships with key Federal Government personnel and Federal Government contractors. This role will report directly to the Director of Federal and will be based within the Zone, preferably in the DC area.
Working with sales resources throughout the zone, this individual is expected to generate and manage a large number of highly qualified opportunities for Building Technologies products and services. At the direction of this individual, assigned field resources will handle technical and proposal responsibilities while this individual focuses on developing and establishing strong ongoing relationships with key specifiers, contracting personnel, as well as large and small contractors. This individual shall be experienced in building automation, fire and/or security products and services as well as all aspects of federal contracting vehicles. The position shall work to favorably position Building Technologies for new vehicles such as Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs), Government Wide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs), and Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity contracts (IDIQs).
- Provide expert Federal Government knowledge to improve branch personnel productivity and reduce their risk.
- Allow the Sales Executives /Account Managers to respond to qualified opportunities in a timely and knowledgeable manner.
- Allow Siemens Industry, Building Technologies to increase its visibility and attain a leadership position image with the Government and contracting community.
- Develop business opportunities and generate sales volume.
- Develop projects to enhance the company’s probability of success through price and preference.
- Neutralize or put competition at a disadvantage.
- Supports Branch and Zone sales management within the Atlantic Zone with strategic planning and forecasting.
- Maintains technical competence of company’s products, applications and services.
- Represents Siemens in industry associations, professional organization and affiliations.
- Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory approval ratings and to create outstanding customer value.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Five years of successful sales to the Federal government or government contracting experience required.
- Required travel: 30 - 50%
- General Computer skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English required.
- This individual must possess an outgoing personality, be able to present herself/himself and Siemens in a professional and positive way and work well in a team environment.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of building mechanical and electrical systems and energy conservation measures.
- Effectively uses fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Work experience in Federal Government contracting desired.
- Unrestricted access to U.S. military bases a plus