Project Manager Manufacturing
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 235183
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
The Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock Division produces light rail vehicles, electric and diesel locomotives, and passenger coaches. The Operations Project Manager will coordinate overall manufacturing activities between all manufacturing departments and support functions, to meet project quality, delivery and cost targets. You will be the single point of contact and coordinator between Operations and the project team(s). You will be involved in engineer-to-order, capital equipment manufacturing projects from order to shipment.
· Coordinate overall manufacturing activities for light rail vehicle and locomotive projects.
· Coordinate interdepartmental activities and issues affecting production, including interactions with all Production departments, Industrial Engineering, Design Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality Management, and Project Management.
· Facilitate overall production plans to ensure on time delivery, within planned budget.
· Drive cost reduction measures in operations departments.
· Ensure all project quality requirements are met.
· Monitor and report on project budget and schedule performance and initiate measures to mitigate any budget overruns or schedule slippage.
· Coordinate and drive resolution of issues impacting successful production activities.
· Report project status on a regular basis to Operations Management and Project Management team.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BS/BA in related technical discipline, or advanced degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· A minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience in project management, industrial engineering, or operations management in an engineer-to-order, capital equipment manufacturing environment.
· Demonstrated experience in the manufacturing of large and complex industrial products.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BS degree in Industrial Engineering or related technical discipline
· MBA degree is a plus.
· Experience in manufacturing large engineer-to-order capital equipment.