Materials Logistics/Demand Planner
Business Unit: Distributed Generation
Requisition Number: 235199
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Indianapolis
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
- Executes placement of Purchase Requisitions both direct and indirect as well as performs all of the standard and some specialized and complex aspects within area of Procurement such as Purchase Order maintenance, expedite activity, inbound material discrepancy resolution, GR/IR resolution, blocked invoice resolution, overdue Purchase Order follow up, Purchasing Info Record creation and maintenance, MD06 exception messages, etc.
- Applies documented rules, past practices, or instruction on an independent level.
- Effectively identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is difficult or complex Analysis of reports is required in regard to negative availability of stocked product Execution of vendor delivery performance measurements
- Frequent interaction in team environment
- Participate in on-going efforts to identify and implement automation and continual improvements throughout the logistics and procurement processes.
- Minimum High School Diploma
- 5+ years of experience in logistics coordinating, supply chain, customer service, or procurement
- Ability to work well with a team
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of purchasing, forecasting, and inventory concepts, practices, and procedures
- Customer focus for both internal and external business relationships
- Minimal travel will be required at times
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- SAP proficiency and knowledge
- APICS certification
Experience in Power generation, Gas Compression, Rotating Equipment, or Process Automation
- Advanced Excel knowledge (Pivot Tables, V-Lookup, Charting/Graphing)