Business Unit: Customer Services DF & PD
Requisition Number: 235219
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
At Siemens the Safety Consulting business segment is a leading global consultancy focused on providing process safety related services and products. The business has sales and operations in North America, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific and serves customers globally.
We are looking for a self-motivated Project Manager with experience managing a diverse team of multi-disciplinary staff members and working with them to create and deliver innovative solutions to problems. The successful candidate will work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible and staff as needed to fulfill client needs.
• Plan, organize, coordinate, and manage the overall execution of the projects from initiation to closeout in accordance to the contract terms and established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements of the company.
• Manage customer expectations to ensure highest level of customer satisfaction through detailed order briefings and clarifications of specific requirements for each project
• Manage project schedules, scopes and budgets and provide project status reports to clients and senior management
• Manage and de-escalate conflict with clients and within project team
• Take ownership of all project interfaces and communication with internal and external project stakeholders for key project related issues timely, proactively, and effectively
• Identify project resource requirements and provides effective management and supervision of personnel assigned to the projects either internal or subcontractors
• Delegate project tasks based on staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
• Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short- and long-term goals
• Meet budgetary objectives through identification and management of risks and adjust project constraints as needed
• Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Provide input and supports development and implementation of project management processes and procedures for continuous improvement of the overall project organization.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Must have legal authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (chemical, mechanical, preferred).
• 8-10 years of experience in the oil and gas industry around process & safety management, plant operations, conceptual to detailed design engineering.
• 5+ years project management experience on engineering, consulting or software implementation projects.
• Certification as a Project Management Professional is highly desired. PMI certified or eligible to get certification required.
• Technical Experience in execution of Process Safety, engineering design projects required.
• Advanced proficiency in Project Controls and Reporting.
• Experience in handling project performance and time management tools
• Self-starter that can work independently or deployed in a multidisciplinary team.
• Excellent communication skills with proven experience to communicate effectively with management, external parties including customers and subcontractors, at various levels of the organization.
• Work through others to achieve results while mentoring and developing staff competence.
• Identify and implement effective courses of action to complete work and ensure achievement of business goals.
• Exercise independent judgment and initiative within established guidelines.
• Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as needed for projects. Travel could be up to 25% at times.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience in Concept, FEED, EPC to Operations design and execution for greenfield and brownfield oil and gas projects
• Solid listening skills and ability to think "outside the box" are a must to allow our team to come up with creative solutions to match the client’s needs and budgets
• Must be willing to put in extra effort when required to achieve a successful outcome
• Good interpersonal skills are a must, including the ability to develop strong professional relationships with clients and team members
• Be the primary point of contact for a client, and suggest solutions based on minimal information when a client calls to discuss a project
• Ability and desire to take ownership of projects in the entirety and work creatively to make every project a success