Senior Solutions Automation Specialist
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 235223
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Morrisville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 35%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Building Technologies is growing! We are seeking a Sr.Systems Specialist to support our Building Automation HVAC Controls group in the Raleigh Area. Ideally, we would like to hire someone with Direct Digital Controls experience for new construction, retrofit, and design-build systems. Join our team to kick off a great career with Siemens Building Technologies.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Acts as a technical resource to team and customer as needed.
- Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout.
- May participate in initial job site walk through with contractors and/or building management.
- Performs checkout of building automation systems, which includes point verification, programming, sequence of operation checkout and verification.
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications, and codes to determine project requirements and risks; provides value engineering ideas and details.
- Generates database of programmed DDC points for the controller.
- Provides start-up and checkout documentation to the Project Manager and system specialist for use in commissioning and validation.
- Participates and may help develop system graphics.
- Ensures the job folder is organized and maintained including all pertinent job related information.
- Performs field activities as required.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required travel: 15%
- Required experience: 5+ years of Electrical or mechanical HVAC experience with a strong emphasis in Direct Digital Controls.
- Other requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing.
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents.
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceilings.
- Must be able to differentiate types/colors of wire.
- Must be able to use hand-tools.
- Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.