Assay Clinical Sales Specialist - Kansas City Area
Business Unit: Healthineers (HC)
Requisition Number: 235228
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-Kansas City
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 60%
The territory for this role is in Kansas City and surrounding areas. Candidates outside this area would be required to relocate within the territory.
• Achieve sales quota and grow territory sales
• Directly work with assigned account managers to drive all product line reagent revenue in territory and develop sales initiatives to protect and grow chemistry and immunoassay business.
• Collaborate with account managers to develop and implement strategic plans for accounts to grow revenue in a profitable way, both short and long term, and mitigate price erosion.
• Build long term relationships with key management within customer accounts.
• Provide expert-level customer presentations on the clinical advantages of the Siemens Chemistry and Immunoassay product portfolio.
• Work with account managers to ensure accuracy in reagent forecasting.
• Own quoting and proposal process for add assay opportunities for assigned accounts, as well as delivery to the customer, in collaboration with assigned inside sales representative(s).
• Track and monitor customer compliance on reagent contracts within assigned accounts and work to develop plans when customers are not meeting commitments.
• A minimum of 60% travel is required throughout assigned territory.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Education: Minimum of BA/BS degree in medical health sciences (Medical Technology, biology, clinical Chemistry, etc.) or in business or marketing 2 or more years’ experience in full cycle sales (e.g. Account Manager, Inside Sales, Business Development) in Medical/Healthcare Sales, OR, strong understanding of clinical lab (Chemistry and Immunoassay testing, etc.)
• Excellent and demonstrated skills in accountability and customer communications
• Excellent and demonstrated skills in interpersonal communications and presentation skills
• Excellent and demonstrated skills in MS software applications
• Excellent teamwork and territory management skills are critical
• Requires a clean driving record over the last 3 years