Head of Contracts
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 235241
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Reston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well-established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is a dynamic and rapidly growing organization and we are seeking a self-driven individual to complement our growing team.
Siemens Government Technologies (SGT) is seeking an experienced individual to lead a highly skilled and diverse Government Contracts team. The Head of Contracts reports to the General Counsel/Chief Compliance Officer and is responsible for leading a team of geographically dispersed contract professionals and managing the Company’s overall contractual program. Responsibilities will include establishing long-range contractual goals, strategies, plans, and policies, along with providing leadership, coaching, and career development to a group of contracts administrators and specialists. Critical to success will be the incumbent’s ability to partner with programmatic and operational personnel, and ensure contract support provided to the business shows value and contributes to the overall success of the Company. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to lead a diverse team and foster a collaborative working culture with both internal and external stakeholders, and must carry a forward-looking approach in step with the continuing evolution of the federal government services organization consistent with our core values.
· Provide leadership and develop Contracts personnel with skill sets necessary to ensure the business delivers on current contracts and is optimized to support business development and capture activities in support of new business capture and partnership goals.
· Supervise and oversee the contracts group in implementing the negotiation, administration, and termination of prime contracts, subcontracts to external Primes, and cooperative agreements.
· Ensure appropriate management of contracts, subcontracts with external Primes, and cooperative agreements so that approvals, extensions, modifications, supplemental funding requests, key personnel notifications, close-outs and other actions are coordinated and handled promptly and appropriately.
· Advise and facilitate compliance with acquisition and federal contracting regulations including but not limited to the FAR/DFARs, GSAR, commercial laws, regulations, and other applicable guidelines. Issue internal guidance and maintain currency of company policies based upon regulation changes to same.
· Lead and manage contracts managerial and professional staff through supervision, mentoring, and providing career development and training opportunities.
· Organize the team’s structure to adapt and act as trusted partner to the business’ contract needs.
· Collaborate with business development, proposal, program, operational, engineering, and supply chain personnel on financial and administrative matters that impact contracts and grants, and fully support the “cradle to grave” contract life-cycle.
· United States Citizen with no dual citizenship or ties to another country. No foreign passports, work visas or Green Card Holders.
· Bachelors Degree relating to government contracting, contract law, or related discipline
· Extensive current knowledge of the FAR/DFARS and other bodies of law affecting government contracts including but not limited to GSAR, Service Contract Act (SCA), cooperative grants and CRADAs.
· Minimum of 10 years in a leadership contracts role in a federal contracting environment with a US Government Contractor.
· Demonstrated experience in managing a geographically dispersed team to provide performance coaching and guide employees’ professional development.
· Candidate must be skilled in analyzing contracts for compliance and applicability, and have expertise in dealing with non-routine and complex projects
· Exceptional working, organization, managerial, interpersonal and communication (written and spoken) skills.
· Negotiation and administration experience with regulatory agencies and government clients.
· Extensive experience with US Federal Government contracting and negotiating Federal contracts.
· Knowledge and experience in working with IDIQ contracts (such as a DoE ESPC) is a plus.
Candidate must be a US citizen and hold, or be eligible to obtain, a U.S. security clearance.