Production Planning Specialist
Business Unit: High Voltage Products
Requisition Number: 235273
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Richland
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
The Transmission Products (TP) business unit is seeking an experienced, self-driven Demand Planner. As a member of the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) team the Demand Planner is responsible for demand planning/forecasting and inventory management for multiple product groups in a complex international distribution network. This role is expected to drive strong performance in the following objectives: demand forecast accuracy, delivery performance, inventory turns and supply chain process improvement.
- Operate as an MRP Controller
- Develop/manage capacity and demand planning models and forecasts
- Update production orders in SAP as required
- Manage critical forecasted material shortages and adjust planning as required
- Support Improvement initiatives related to production and capacity planning
- Support Improvement initiatives related to other departments
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Industrial Engineering degree or similar type preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in manufacturing environment required.
- Knowledge of S&OP, MPS
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- SAP knowledge related to Production Planning Module required.
- Experience in engineer to order, material forecast, and load planning