Field Operations Manager - Transmission Solutions
Business Unit: Transmission Solutions
Requisition Number: 235282
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Raleigh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Industry – Transmission Solutions (Raleigh, NC) is searching for a highly professional Field Operations Manager to work with a passion for customer engagement and satisfaction. Field Operations Manager will lead and develop site managers and all aspects of warranty requirements for Transmission Solution projects. The role will require close coordination and teamwork with Engineering and Project Management resources during the execution phase of projects.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team executing the best Transmission solutions in the market. Siemens is leading the charge in providing the following innovative solutions to the Transmission Market:
- High Voltage Substations – GIS, AIS, Mobile Solutions
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
• Manages the installation and/or service operations of a field unit.
• Directs operational activities, exercising tight cost control and maximizing price realization, margin, profit and labor utilization.
• Advises on strategic and tactical operations planning.
• Ensures the availability of material to complete jobs on time.
• Monitors large or key account operations to ensure customer satisfaction. Manages job cost re-estimates.
• Successfully defines work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness.
• Area of responsibility has moderate strategic impact.
• Has substantial latitude to develop policies/programs for area of responsibility or products and to forecast their impact.
• Analyzes effectiveness of policies/products and establishes future direction for functional policies and programs or products that affect company as a whole.
• Aligns policies/products and development efforts with company strategies.
• Identifies resource needs with significant influence on approval of identified needs.
• Troubleshoots and resolves most complex problems within multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas.
• Determines organizational structures and supervisory relationship.
• Responsible for overall success of function or project within multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas.
Required knowledge/skills Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered 5 or more years of successful experience in a related field.
2. Demonstrated business acumen in balancing customer and business requirements, i.e. financials strategic and tactical thinking etc.
3. Executive level verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
4. Inherent ability to work effectively in a team environment and strong desire to win.
5. Organization and time management skills to succeed in a fast paced environment.
6. Ability to work collaboratively across internal and external stakeholders.
7. Ability to work in dynamic environment quickly adapting to changing priorities while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
8. Enthusiastic and self-motivated, with the ability to lead projects proactively.
9. Flexible approach; resilience to setbacks; creativity.
10. Experience in working within large-scale, highly matrix corporate environment.
11. Experience in leading cross functional teams and setting customer expectations to deliver required results.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
• Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.