Portfolio Sales Professional
Business Unit: Power Generation Services (PS)
Requisition Number: 235284
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Seattle
Other Locations: United States-Arizona-Phoenix, United States-California-Los Angeles, United States-California-San Francisco, United States-Colorado-Denver
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 40%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and
optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil &
gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind
turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able
to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the
lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and
For more information, please visit:
Regional Sales Representative - Controls and Digitalization
Pacific Northwest - Canada
Are you ready to accept the challenge of growing the Oil and Gas and Power industry for Controls and Digitalization business in new markets for Canada? If you are, then this is the position for you!
A brief summary of the position:
• The main objective of this position is to grow the pipeline and orders in new and existing markets for the CD/DO portfolio line including Controls, Digitalization, Service and Optimization as key growth areas.
• The primary responsibilities of the position are bound to the Canadian geographic territory and you will be developing business at customers where we have not done business before as well as within existing customers.
• You will report directly to the Vice President of sales for Power Generation Services - Controls and Digitalization (PS CD) North America
The specific responsibilities and deliverables associated with the role are as follows:
• Overall responsibility - You will be assigned an annual sales quota to meet that includes pipeline growth objectives. You will share that goal with the Client Manager Sales organization and support that organization within your assigned territory.
• You will be required to travel within your assigned geography a minimum of 40% of the time.
• You will mine for opportunities and will be responsible for taking them from their infancy stage through to closing the order.
• You will use the sales tools provided (SFDC, Market Price Tool, Customer Call report, solution selector etc.) to fully document each step of your pursuit.
• A key component of the sales process is to be able to lead a team when required and to communicate with complete transparency to all team members and management.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience is required.
• This is an mid-level position so previous sales experience is required.
• Industry/Business desire to work in the Oil and Gas and power industry is a requirement
• A basic command of the Microsoft Office suite is required.
• Amount of travel with the position is a minimum of 40%
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Knowledge of SFDC or a similar CRM application is a plus
- Past experience in a sales support role or technical support role a plus