Test / Release Engineer - Software (SW) Building Control Products & Development - Austin, TX
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 235296
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
- Functions as an expert in SW testing, internal to the company, of a project team, and provides for the incorporation of innovative test technologies into the product development process. .
- Designs, implements and executes SW testing for independent systems or products.
- Authors and oversees the creation of test documentation including test plans, test specifications, test procedures, test result summaries and final test reports while following internal development standards.
- Reports status of product testing efforts. Logs and tracks defects identified and monitors through resolution.
- Provides time estimates of testing tasks and supports project management in risk identification, analysis and investigation to overcome technical obstacles
- Reviews and approves peer level documents (Program Plans, Requirements Specifications, Functional and Design Specifications, Test plans, Test Specifications, Test procedures, Test Results, Process Standards, guidelines, templates, and work instructions).
- Defines standards for SW test processes, executes tests, and specifies the use of new tests, methods or procedures in order to more accurately simulate the use of an installed product over its lifetime. Researches and defines direction of tools, technology, testing methods and functions within the organization.
- Maintains expertise on company products and answers detailed questions from internal and external customers and code authorities on product testing, SW test process, and approvals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other related field, or equivalent directly related experience.
- 4-8 years SW Test Engineering experience. Experience with Microsoft Office, Windows Operating Systems, Virtual Machines and PC hardware.
- Recognized expert in: - Testing methods, tools, and terminology - Test procedure and test specification writing/maintenance and test execution - Product testing plan development and issue and configuration management - National and international test standards
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and advanced problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated with a strong interest in fostering continuous improvement and high quality.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
- Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues.