Energy Finance Debt Originator
Business Unit: Financial Services (FS)
Requisition Number: 235320
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Financial Services, Inc. is the U.S. arm of the global Financial Services division of Siemens, (SFS), an international provider of business-to-business financial solutions. SFS helps facilitate investments, providing commercial finance, project and structured finance with specific asset expertise in the energy, healthcare, industry, and infrastructure markets. SFS supports Siemens as well as other companies with their capital needs and acts as an expert manager of financial risks within the Siemens Company. Leveraging its financing expertise and industrial know-how creates value for customers and helps them strengthen their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
As an Energy Finance Originator you will support the senior sales staff in new business generation and transaction analysis. The position will require a college degree and three years of relevant project finance banking experience. You will perform due diligence on project finance and leveraged transactions for various components of the capital structure (including senior, mezzanine and hold-co debt). Due diligence will include identification and analysis of risks and mitigants, research of companies and industry trends, and analysis and development of pro forma cash flow ROE models.
You will initiate and maintain relationships with external clients and participate in client presentations articulating SFS’s lending capacities and value. Transactions will encompass the entire spectrum of the energy industry – primarily power (renewables and fossil fuel) as well as oil & gas (midstream).
Essential Job Functions (necessary to perform job):
- Support origination, and sales toward meeting sales targets set for US Power, Oil & Gas and Canadian annual budgets. Review, understand, and summarize loan and project documents.
- Maintain knowledge of market conditions and competitors’ activities to develop sales plans that achieve or exceed goals.
- Review, develop and implement appropriate sensitivities to complex cash flow models.
- Ensure transactions meet profit hurdles.
- Create deal summaries for presentation to credit committee.
- Identify relevant transaction risks and suggest appropriate structural mitigants, while working with internal and external personnel.
- Review complex legal documents to understand nuances of the transaction structures.
- Initiate, build, maintain long-term relationships with account decision makers.
- Ability to communicate both in written and oral form.
- Support origination efforts including client relations and external networking.
- Participate in client presentations articulating the value proposition of product.
- Participate in the handling of customer complaints.
- Assist in achieving budgeted sales volumes.
- Review financial models to judge transaction strength.
- Review and analyze deal presentations and documents.
- Prepare deal presentation for credit committee.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelors degree, with a focus on finance, economics, accounting and business administration; MBA or Masters degree is an advantage.
- 3 years plus- experience within the project finance group of a lending institution, preferably a bank, insurance company, or commercial finance lender with an active energy finance business.
- Able to maintain an external network of relationships
- Able to perform due diligence and underwriting in energy sector.
- Interest in developing an expertise in various sectors in the energy industry.
- Highly motivated, self-reliant, and eager to take on additional tasks and responsibilities at all times.
- Ability to learn complex industries and transaction structures.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work with complex spreadsheets (NS Excel) and strong writing skills are critical.
- Strong organizational and research skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment, combined with the flexibility to undertake changing roles as circumstances dictate.
- Ability to deliver quality work under significant time pressures.