Contracts Manager - Commercial Solutions
Business Unit: Legal
Requisition Number: 235322
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Healthineers, one of the five largest medtech companies worldwide, enables healthcare providers to increase value by empowering them on their journey toward expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, improving patient experience and digitalizing healthcare. Healthcare providers around the world have long relied upon our engineering excellence—leading-edge, high-quality medical technology across a broad portfolio. The company’s solutions touch an estimated five million patients globally every day and help healthcare institutions to continuously improve their clinical, operational, and financial outcomes. Siemens Healthineers is constantly innovating its portfolio of products and services in three globally leading businesses—Diagnostics, Imaging and Advanced Therapies—to create unique value for laboratories, clinicians, and the patients served. With annual revenue of 13.5 billion euros, the company currently employs approximately 48,000 highly skilled people. Siemens Healthineers had its initial public offering in March 2018. Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc. conducts Siemens Heathineers’ go-to-market activities in North America.
For more information, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated contracts manager, who will be responsible for supporting the Legal Commercial Solutions Team by reviewing, drafting and negotiating a variety of customer-facing and other strategic agreements for diagnostic imaging, laboratory diagnostics, advanced therapy, and point of care product sales, services and digital solutions. The Contracts Manager – Commercial Solutions will report directly to the Vice President, Legal – Commercial Solutions.
The Contracts Manager will work in a team-oriented and results-focused environment with other contracts managers, contract professionals, and attorneys and will also work independently on various commercial sales projects. Range of activities includes but is not limited to:
- Writing, reviewing, analyzing, modifying and negotiating commercial sales agreements, business associate agreements, confidentiality agreements and other contracts with the support of commercial counsel.
- Contributing to the development and improvement of the model contract library and the efficiency of the legal contract management process.
- Interpreting contract requirements, obligations, and risk exposure.
- Verifying compliance with relevant corporate limits of authority protocols and, with assistance from commercial counsel, summarizing risks for business partners to achieve contract review and approval.
- Educating/training business partners on key commercial, legal, corporate policy, contracting process, and other considerations.
- Efficiently implementing various corporate policies, initiatives, and programs.
- Assist in the management of contract documentation flow, approvals, reporting and archiving consistent with internal processes.
- Monitoring and improving processes through ongoing optimization efforts, technology enhancements, and business partner feedback.
- Utilizing contract management tools for contract lifecycle management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & CRITICAL COMPETENCIES
- Broad knowledge of the various applicable contractual and legal concepts involved in commercial sales contracts with healthcare entities.
- Proven ability to understand and apply company policies.
- Demonstrated ability to confidently and effectively interact with customers.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Experience in assisting managers or attorneys in commercial contracting from the preliminary/conceptual phase, through structuring, due diligence, negotiating, drafting, closing, and post-closing conflict resolution.
- Polished and effective negotiation, communication and writing/drafting skills, including those suitable for interaction with very senior managers and executives.
- Proven ability to initiate appropriate actions and follow-up actions with minimal supervision.
- Skilled in working collaboratively as a key player on multiple teams simultaneously and coordinating with multi-jurisdictional and multi-cultural transaction partners.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and, occasionally, internationally.
· A minimum of five (5) years of commercial contract managing experience.
· BS/BA degree.
· Paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved paralegal program (preferred).