Business Unit: Mechanical Drives
Requisition Number: 235410
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Elgin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Flender Corporation, a Siemens company, is a leading global supplier for mechanical drive systems and has the reputation for highest performance, innovation, quality, and reliability of mechanical components for more than 115 years. Flender offers a broad variety of gear units and couplings and associated services, with a focus on key industries such as wind power, cement, mining, oil & gas, power generation, water & wastewater ,marine, conveyor and crane technology. Flender products and services combine the latest technology with extremely high quality and have been reliably providing the optimal transmission of power for decades.
As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, Flender unites the stability and process reliability of a global corporation with the customer proximity and pragmatism of a medium-sized company,
thus combining the best of both worlds.
Our customers value Flender as a reliable partner and a secure investment. All of our business relationships are based on trust, responsibility and traditional business ethics. In this spirit, we are excited to join with our customers in writing the next chapter of the Flender story.
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Flender Corporation is currently searching for a highly experienced Plant Manager for its Elgin, IL location. This position will report to the CEO and fulfill a key role on the senior staff. As plant manager, this individual will have the responsibilities of all gearbox service and repair, new gearbox assembly, testing and painting, production and manufacturing planning, leading the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) program, and facilities maintenance and improvements. A major emphasis for the role during the first year will be leading a cultural change and restructuring of business processes.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or related technical field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years manufacturing management experience in gear or gearbox industry.
- Demonstrated ability to implement productivity improvements and lead change initiatives.
- Profit focused with competencies in forecasting, budgeting and cost controls.
- Excellent leadership skills with documented success of driving employee engagement.
- Strong technical and project management skills in the field of Industrial Power Transmission.