Biochemist - Immunoassay Technical Support
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 235427
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-East Walpole
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
This Biochemist I position impacts people’s health and well-being all around the world, while working on a new and exciting automation platform; the Siemens Atellica solution.
- Supports Manufacturing personnel via technical expertise and guidance, as they build/test diagnostic reagents and materials that will be used by clinical labs on Atellica, Centaur, and Centaur CP automation platforms.
- Reports to Senior Supervisor of Technical Operations within the Manufacturing sector.
- Participates in and investigates technical issues associated with formulation and testing of immunoassay reagents and testing components.
- Writes compliance documentation associated with investigations, data analyses, and experimental conclusions.
- Works in the laboratory running Atellica, Centaur, and CP instrumentation with serum and other biological fluids of human and animal origin.
- Coordinates and carries out investigations and implements corrective and preventive actions (CAPA).
- Creates and participates in the design of experiments (DOE) to troubleshoot manufacturing issues.
- Coordinates and performs material and process changes following written protocols.
- May lead a team or directly investigate the performance of new and re-formulated assays and manufacturing processes.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry
- 3+ years job related experience (may include time in an advanced degree)
- Good understanding and knowledge of polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies, and the principles of immunodiagnostic technology
- Experience with running/designing/troubleshooting immunoassays.
- Experience with automated immunoassay analyzers and/or ELISA and chemiluminescent technology
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data, and to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Strong work ethic, excellent written and communication skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to quickly change priorities to meet business needs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Advanced degree preferred: Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry
· Protein chemistry knowledge and experience
· A hunger for growth and learning