Building Automation Technician Supervisor
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 235464
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
First line supervisory position. Manages between eight to nine (8-9) entry to mid-level technical positions including system specialists, technicians and Installers. Responsible to Hire, develop and train workforce to be safe, technically proficient, reliable and productive.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Actively engages in on-site safety reviews, provides report identifying field observations discussed as we reinforce our culture of ZERO accidents.
Provides technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for installed projects, in assigned geographic area or location.Plans, organizes, directs and controls all startup, commissioning, testing, and other committed activities for assigned projects. Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and projects proceed according to plans, job specifications and cost estimates.
Provides direct employee mentorship and is responsible for employee development within their group. Promotes, provides training, and ensures implementation of division productivity tools.
Actively coordinates startup activity schedules with the Project Managers and Operations Managers to ensure correct staffing and correct abilities are provided to meet individual project schedules and commitments.
Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned work. Provides monthly project estimates and assists in monthly forecasting. Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing project financial statements with Project Managers and Operations Managers.
Maintains and improves planned and executed margins for Solutions projects. Continually evaluates and implements new tools to improve productivity. Sets high Quality control expectations with the team, leads by example and uses Lean principals to pre-build and pre-test systems to ensure verified sequence of operation.
Directs and supervises the development of project startup and commissioning plans and the use of those plans in the monitoring and control of progress in the execution of the work. Reviews customer feedback and ensures high customer satisfaction. Improves site acceptance thru implementation of data-based commissioning. Maintenance of internal progress report to deliver a project with Zero Punch list items.
Builds and maintains an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth. Manages or advises on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Requires a high school diploma or GED
- 5+ years experience working as a senior level technician, supervisor, or project manager within the DDC (direct digital controls) field.
- 10% travel
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
3+ years of supervisory or project management experience within the DDC field
Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in a technical field.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.