Baggage Handling Systems Mechanic A
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 235502
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
Performing maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, and testing of the Baggage Handling System and their associated components, providing accurate and timely written reports of safety, operational, and maintenance activities. Must have the ability to interpret data and suggest maintenance schedule/activity adjustments to the Manager. Update daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance activity schedules. Order and maintain a stock of spare parts necessary for proper servicing of the BHS. Ensure all Preventative and Predictive Maintenance practices and procedures are scheduled and followed.
Lifting (50 to 100 pounds), bending, reaching, climbing, walking, crawling, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, speaking, sight, and/or hearing to complete the job duties.
• Electro-Electronics / Mechanical skills required.
• Excellent Customer Relations skills.
• Adhere to all safety regulations and safe work practices.
• Mechanical troubleshooting skills including but not limited to belts, bearings, pulleys, drives, and gearmotors.
• Industrial electrical troubleshooting skills including 480V three phase motor and control circuits, electrical schematic print reading, variable frequency drives, motor starters, and input/output systems required.
• Working knowledge of PLC systems and operations preferred.
• Familiarity with high level control systems SCADA systems, and network architecture including servers, ethernet, fiber optic, network switches (ethernet, fiber), workstations, and barcode scanning systems.
• Maintenance management software skills including generating and completing preventive and corrective maintenance, scheduling maintenance, and tracking inventory.
• Basic management and supervisory skills involving organization, communications, scheduling, and computers.
• Ability to pass all background checks and security screenings per airport requirements.
• Experience: Five + years of experience
• Education Required: Associates/Technical Degree in a relevant field, or equivalent industry experience
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.