Baggage Handling Systems O&M Team Lead / Supervisor
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 235503
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
Complete shift oversight of an operation and maintenance contract within a busy international airport. Update daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance activity schedules, order and maintain a stock of spare parts necessary for proper servicing of the BHS, ensure all Preventative, Predictive and Corrective Maintenance practices and procedures are scheduled, followed and completed within the allowed timeframe, adhere to and administer all safety regulations and safe work practices, maintain full shift coverage and assure all employees are routinely on post and engaged, effectively communicate with all stakeholders on the daily operation, Perform the duties of the site manger during his absence, communicate operating philosophy, objectives, and expectations to the technical staff. Perform Quality Assurance/Quality Control checks of PM’s and repairs.
Lifting (50 to 100 pounds), bending, reaching, climbing, walking, crawling, standing, sitting, climbing stairs, speaking, sight, and/or hearing to complete the job duties.
• At least three (3) years of experience in the direction and control of BHS operational and mechanical employees.
• Strong Knowledge of the processes involved in the maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, and testing of the Baggage Handling Systems and their associated components
• Strong management and supervisory skills in a high paced operations and maintenance environment involving organization, communications, scheduling and a wide variety of computer programs and applications. Must have the ability to interpret data and suggest maintenance schedule/activity adjustments to the Manager.
• Excellent Customer Relations skills.
• Strong knowledge in the use of maintenance management software
• Preferred knowledge includes but is not limited to: Electro-Electronics / Mechanical skills, mechanical troubleshooting skills including belts, bearings, pulleys, drives, and gearmotors, industrial electrical troubleshooting skills including 480V three phase motor and control circuits, electrical schematic print reading, variable frequency drives, motor starters, and input/output systems, working knowledge of PLC’s, familiarity with high level control systems SCADA systems, and network architecture including servers, ethernet, fiber optic, network switches (ethernet, fiber), workstations, and barcode scanning systems.
• Education Required: Associates/Technical Degree in a relevant field, or equivalent industry experience
• Experience: Five + years of experience
• Ability to pass all background checks and security screenings per airport requirements.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.